Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2013
Sometimes I look at old pictures of myself and think "damn I used to be hot." I wasn't always hot. At first I wasn't hot, and then I was, and now I'm not again. I wonder what happened.
I cannot be trusted with cookies. Or chocolate. Or cheese. Or at an Ikea, but that doesn't apply to hotness.
Sometimes as I sit up nursing the baby while my husband snores next to me I think "I could just stab him in the eye. Getting all that sleep." But no. That would be letting him off easy. Sometimes I think I could leave and never return, But what am I thinking? I could never trust him to care for the cats.
So there I sit, awake most nights pondering my life. Or trying to drive out Les Miserables songs because I foolishly saw the movie ad and dug out my 1990 CD to inflict upon my offspring and now I can't get the damn songs out of my head at two in the morning.
I'm thirty-six with an infant son and a feverish drive to go to grad school. Because being a first time parent isn't challenging enough on its own, I want to add a thesis to the equation.

So why write a blog, too? I like to write. I like to thrust my opinion into the world. Since in this Internet age everyone has a soapbox and everyone can have a virtual voice, I've decided to drag my box out to this virtual corner of the world and claim my spot. And what will this blog be about? Whatever the hell I want it to be about when I sit down to write. File it under "Eclectic." And hopefully "entertaining."

0 comments: